I am done with Typedrawers.

I am no longer interested in running Typedrawers. If someone else wants to take over please speak up. If nobody else takes over I will shut the site down by the end of the year.

Comments

• I’ll gladly help!
  • SiDanielsSiDaniels Posts: 277
    Would you want whoever takes over to keep it running as an independent effort, or would you be open to handing over the keys to a commercial entity, eg. FontLab or Monotype, that has an interest in seeing a continued spam-free dialog between typeface designers?
  • Ramiro EspinozaRamiro Espinoza Posts: 839
    edited October 2014
    Please keep TD a site for the debate and exchange of independent type designers. If this place becomes a forum sponsored by corporations, I think I will leave as well.
  • Yes, thanks Stewf.
  • Yeah, thanks James.
  • Chris LozosChris Lozos Posts: 1,458
    Thanks, James for building this place!
  • TypeDrawers has become an interesting and valuable resource for many, and thanks go to James for starting it in the first place. I don't know his reasons for letting go of it, but many thanks to Stephen Coles for taking on the job of continuing it and for stepping up so promptly.
  • James, thanks for creating something that has given me a ton of pleasure, insight and information since its inception. I'm relieved and excited that it will continue under Stephen's stewardship (stewf-ardship?).
  • Thanks James, for building and moderating this, and Stephen for taking it on!
  • Thanks James, thanks Stephen.
  • Thanks James and Stephen.

However this reminds me of Jason Scott's talk of last Friday at Brooklyn Beta. He spoke about how we are relying on things in the cloud to be there and how they can easily disappear (think Geocities). There's some threads here that really deserve at least a wiki entry somewhere. Just a thought.
  • Thank you James for building it, and Stephen for taking on stephwardship!
  • Thanks James and Stephen!
    TypeDrawers has been a huge help. Every discussion has been a sort of lesson to me.
  • Thanks James. I enjoy TypeDrawers daily. Thanks Stephen for keeping it alive.
  • Thanks James and Stephen.
  • We owe you a debt of thanks, James. You built something good.

And we're going to owe you a debt of thanks, Stephen.
  • Glad Stewf was willing to do it. Also, I'm glad that you took the initiative to start it James. I'm not as active as many, but I do like to pop in and see what's up. So thanks for all your work.
    Stephen
  • Thanks, James. It was a marvellous effort on your part.
  • Thanks you for all the effort you've put into Typedrawers, James, and to Stephen, who I know will do a fine job carrying on. We need an active venue for thoughtful discussion.
  • Thanks James and Stephen!!
  • Nick ShinnNick Shinn Posts: 2,129
    When is my fee due?
  • Thanks for all of the kind words. I’m sure Stephen will do an excellent job with Typedrawers.
  • Stephen ColesStephen Coles Posts: 994
    edited October 2014
    “When is my fee due?”
    There is no obligation. Just send whenever and whatever you wish.
  • Thanks to James for providing a great alternative (replacement) for Typophile, and to Stephen for putting yet another iron in the fire to keep TD up and running.
  • Late to this party but yes, thanks James for creating and working so hard on this site, and congrats to Stewf! Huzzah's all around!
  • Thanks, Stewf!