Donate to TypeDrawers

Stephen ColesStephen Coles Posts: 994
edited November 2015 in TypeDrawers Announcements
TypeDrawers is an independent forum run by Tiffany Wardle de Sousa and James Todd. (Previous admins were Stephen Coles and founder James Puckett). This site is not sponsored by any commercial entity. The forum software and hosting services are currently paid for by Stephen using funds donated by TypeDrawers users. (The new admins will assume operating costs at the beginning of 2017.) Participation is absolutely free, but members are welcome to contribute to the ongoing maintenance and improvement of the site. There is no prescribed fee — just give what you feel TypeDrawers is worth to you.

Donations are accepted via PayPal (which offers a subscription payment option), though members in the US are strongly urged to use Square Cash instead. Thank you!
Tagged:

Comments

• Done.
  • Done.
  • joeclarkjoeclark Posts: 122
    Putting the kill switch in Stewart Coles’ hands is one step below putting it in Hrant’s. It’s a big step (watch out for it – it’s a lulu), but one step is all it is. He’s the only man I have ever met in 30 years in type who nurses grudges.

If we pay, do you promise not to delete our posts? Is that how it works?
  • Made a little donation as well. James, thank you for all you have done in getting TypeDrawers up and running and keeping it going. It was a BIG undertaking and your efforts are very much appreciated. TypeDrawers has been a boon to the type design industry. Stewf will do a fabulous job as well.

Cheers!
  • Sent a small amount, too. Hope it helps. Thanks for taking on the job!
  • Added a small monthly amount. Good luck!
  • Done. Thanks to you both, James and Stephen.
  • Thanks to both of you. Happy to help!
  • I sent an amount too. Keep going.
  • Sorry, used PayPal. :)
  • Stephen ColesStephen Coles Posts: 994
    edited November 2014
    Not one person has used Square Cash! I guess it's not as popular as I thought. I just prefer it to PayPal because it goes directly between bank accounts without any middleman account or fees. But your PayPal monies are still good here.
  • I checked out the Square Cash site and it does look promising. Just couldn't be bothered to set it up this morning and wanted to act while the giving instinct was strong.
  • Chris LozosChris Lozos Posts: 1,458
    Square cash site was a pain, also, I had not heard about it and didn't want to trust it.
  • I'm a big fan of the Square Register app and credit card reader. (It's been great for my band's merch sales.) So I'm sure I'll give Cash a try at some point.
  • Chris, I don’t see how it's more of a pain than PayPal. You just enter your email address and bank account, then confirm their deposits to verify you own the account. Don't even have to create a new account.
  • I felt the same way Chris did about SquareCash. I have a long history with PayPal but SquareCash is fairly new and I had never heard of them.

Either way, the money spends.
  • Chris LozosChris Lozos Posts: 1,458
    Share Ray's pizza with Nick ;-P
  • Please use my donation to acquire Pepto Bismol for said pizza.
  • joeclarkjoeclark Posts: 122
    I refuse to back down from openly challenging the suitability of the new administrator.
  • Stephen ColesStephen Coles Posts: 994
    edited March 2015
    Just a note of appreciation to those who helped out during our TypeDrawers fund drive last fall:

André Simard
    Dezcom (Chris Lozos)
    Durotype
    Font Diner (Stuart Sandler)
    Frode Helland
    George Thomas
    Gerry Kowarsky
    Glyphs (Georg Seifert)
    Jacob Runge
    James Edmondson
    James Puckett
    Jeremy Vinson
    Marc Oxborrow
    Mark Simonson
    Maurice Meilleur
    Nick Shinn
    Ofir Shavit
    Rainer Erich Scheichelbauer
    Ray Larabie
    Rod McDonald
    Rodrigo Saiani
    Russel McGorman
    Scott Martin Kosofsky
    Thierry Blancpain
    Thomas Phinney

We also received an extra generous pledge from each of the following members:

Laura Worthington
    Mark Simonson
    Nick Shinn

One donor requested anonymity. If you donated and your name isn't included above, please let me know.

The total from these donations is enough to fund the Vanilla forum service through 2016, provided that the subscription fee does not increase. (We’ve got at a pretty good grandfathered rate.) But continuing donations for the moderator’s time are still gratefully accepted.

Thank you, all!