New WIP

2»

Comments

• Matthew SmithMatthew Smith Posts: 83
    edited August 2022
    I know a lot of people here are liking the two-story, more quirky “g,” but if it means anything I am not particularly fond of it. For me personally, it almost feels backwards as if it is sitting between being a standard “g” and wanting to be a two story “g.”
    Have you considered a Hobo-like approach (albeit still descending)? This would also allow that tight pinch at the joint which is rather prominent throughout your lowercase.

Just an idea! Fun stuff so far though.

• Nick CookeNick Cooke Posts: 181
    That's quite nice. I think I'll work it up and include it as a third g style set  :)

I have done that style in an as-yet unreleased family:

• Craig EliasonCraig Eliason Posts: 1,397
    Was thinking you could also add a tight pinch in the existing /g, perhaps here

• I agree with @Craig Eliason and I feel like that ear could also be a bit tighter where it joins the bowl. 
  • For me (as a spanish speaker) the inverted tail direction that Matthew suggested, makes me see it as /q instead of a /g
  • Nick CookeNick Cooke Posts: 181
    Craig; I have taken the g in a bit in the middle. Your idea is a bit too extreme. 
    Original on the left, amended preferred in the middle and too extreme right.