Updated Ver Sacrum style

2»

Comments

• Nick CookeNick Cooke Posts: 181
    My 'Ver Sacrum' inspired family is now finished. These are just some of the many variations in the Monoline Medium:
    #typography #typedesign #type #typeface
  • Craig EliasonCraig Eliason Posts: 1,397
    Looks good! I really love how the currency symbols participate in the style (though I think /dollar is a bit too dark).
    Thanks Craig. I was thinking the same. I'll probably do the brace trick for the heaviest 2 weights.
  • I also prefer the straight "M", the other option is a bit forced, it seems like a typographic error.
    I agree... I wonder whether a domed M might fit the flavor?

A domed M wouldn’t fit but the two inner diagonals curved like the alternate N might. 
  • This is an abominable scrawling, but I think the dome could work if the curves are inspired by the existing ones, e.g. in /E/:

Your call though!
    No. 
    On second thoughts… maybe. 
    Christian, now look what you made me do! I think I only like the ones on the left and right now. I only did the second one as it was on some VS artwork, but always thought it looked a little odd. I tried to remain faithful to the original shapes as much as possible.
  • Hehehe... :#
    You're right that number 3 currently doesn't work well. It's too wide and too static. I'd make it narrower and bend the outer legs inwards a bit more (though perhaps not quite as much as in my mockup). The middle leg will probably need weight in the contrasted cut.
  • Craig EliasonCraig Eliason Posts: 1,397
    I still think K's leg (and R's presumably) should be thick in the contrasted cut.
    I’m just going with first and last. 
    I tried the thick K and R leg and did not like it at all. Anyway, it's finished now.
    edited April 2022
    I finally decided on these three m's. The last one goes with the curvy N diagonal alternate:
  • Exentrica has now been released on my G-Type site. Try the type tester using many different weights, styles and features:
    https://g-type.com/fonts/exentrica
  • Awesome Nick!Add crazy swashwes to it, just for fun!
  • I reached my fun limit on this one Pablo. Thanks. 
    There are many possibilities combining style sets.