COLRv1 available in Chromium/Chrome

As detailed here https://developer.chrome.com/blog/colrv1-fonts COLRv1 (gradient vector color fonts, with smaller file sizes compared to other color font formats, that work with variable fonts) is now available in the latest stable version of Chromium/Chrome :)

Comments

• Huzzah!

The current release appears to be 97.x (just updated on this system), but 98 should follow soon, right?

Even in 97, COLRv1 support can be enabled in the chrome://flags settings.
  • and what makes me happy, both tables (COLRv1 and SVG) coexist happily in one TTF/WOFF. As live example color font UseYourImagination in red variant for SVGinOT (in firefox) and blue for COLRv1 (chrome) - LINK

WOFF COLRv1 - 32,1KB
    WOFF SVGinOT - 72,3KB
    WOFF COLRv1 + SVGinOT - 89,9KB
  • Chrome 98 is now the current version, so COLRv1 has gone mainstream. Thanks to Dominik Röttsches for making that happen.
  • Peter ConstablePeter Constable Posts: 197
    edited February 2022
    And COLRv1 is now supported in Edge!
  • @Peter Constable Did you mean to write “now” instead of “not”?
  • Roel NieskensRoel Nieskens Posts: 187
    edited February 2022
    Edge 98 does, on both Windows and macOS. Versions before that don't, so update your browser!

Edit: not/now tripped me up, didn't have any coffee yet.
  • @Grzegorz Luk (gluk) You need to update this page: In Edge (v >=98) the text is blue — I assume that means the COLRv1 font is being used.
  • " You need to update this page: ...
    Thank You. It mean, MS Edge as first support both formats, and as first select COLRv1