Thoughts on this lettermark?

AbiRasheedAbiRasheed Posts: 238
edited February 2016 in Technique and Theory
Any weirdness in this? I'm quite happy with it so far but just wanted to get a second opinion on it.  Thanks!

Comments

• /A is very easily confusable with /4.
  • AbiRasheedAbiRasheed Posts: 238
    edited February 2016
    hey @George Thomas, thanks for the feedback. Yeah I can see how that may be a problem. Not sure how I can fix that unless I split D/A. On a different note, what do you think of the weight/slant, and anything else? Does it look right? I don't think I'll go forward with it as a logo but I might as well use it as an exercise.

• I thought it looked pretty good except for that one thing.
  • Dyana WeissmanDyana Weissman Posts: 327
    edited February 2016
    I read it first as SDA, FWIW. I also agree, it looks pretty good. If you're looking for extreme nitpicks, I would think about the counterspace, in particular the almost-heart-shaped one between S & D... something about it is slightly off. Either my eye wants it to be more symmetrical, or much less symmetrical, if that makes sense. Also curves of the S & D may be too tight, making the whitespace very narrow, if you would be using this as a logo on a business card. 
  • AbiRasheedAbiRasheed Posts: 238
    edited February 2016
    "George Thomas"  gotcha, thanks! @Dyana Weissman sweet, yeah its a mixed reaction. As soon as george pointed it out I asked a few people and some saw a 4 and some an A. Regarding the spacing for SD at smaller sizes yeah totally. I did create another alternative for smaller versions with generous spacing but I think I'll redo the whole thing or scrap this idea. Thanks!