RSS Feeds

Stephen ColesStephen Coles Posts: 994
Maybe I’m a dying breed, but I still use RSS and find it the best way to be informed of new content on most sites, especially forums like this one. Is there a feed available for TypeDrawers? There should be!

Also useful would be a feed for your own "participated threads", but I think James said that might not be available in this free version of Vanilla Forums?

Comments

• How'd you do that? I must be blind.
  • James PuckettJames Puckett Posts: 1,969
    This is not a free Vanilla Forum; Vanilla does not offer any long term free hosting. I checked and Vanilla does not offer any sort of RSS support. I doubt Vanilla would be interested in adding RSS support because as you noted, RSS users are a dying breed, and with their focus on security and stability they don’t push too much new code into the hosted forums.
  • Must be a mystery feed that Ralf found then!
  • James PuckettJames Puckett Posts: 1,969
    So I have learned two things from this: there is an RSS feed, and Vanilla’s feature documentation is not so great.
  • The feed Ralf linked to is good for keeping up on new threads as they are posted, but does anyone know of a feed for successive comments on those threads?

In addition to the “participated threads” feed that Stephen mentioned, it’d also be great if there were comment feeds for particular categories (so one could exclude the categories they weren’t as interested in).
  • RalfRalf Posts: 170
    Yes, you could exclude categories by only subscribing to the ones you want:
    Just add feed.rss to the category URL, for example http://typedrawers.com/categories/conferences-and-workshops/feed.rss
  • Good call Ralph, thanks. Unfortunately I’m still left wondering about a feed for individual comments, but I suppose the homepage list works fine for now.
  • joeclarkjoeclark Posts: 122
    RSS users are a dying breed
    No, we aren’t. Casual Google Reader users are, however, extinct.