Options

Brilliance — a glamorous blackletter with small-caps

2»

Comments

• Options
    Alright, this seems to have converged on a stable solution. I'll resubmit over the weekend, then.

Thanks for your constructive feedback, everyone! :)
  • Options
    I really like both shapes of /c, but I'll admit to a slight preference for the older. The newer has a really nice curve to its head (maybe I should call it its hair), but I think its predecessor feels a bit more harmonious. But on the bright side, they're both beautiful, and you can't go wrong with either!

Similarly, both forms of /s are great. Actually, that's not true; I keep changing my mind each time I look at them. The wider form is more interesting, but the narrower fits better... maybe 'tis best to put the wider in salt or ss01, with those great diagonals? That way, you can reward the clued-in. ;^)
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback, Michael!

I can see the attraction of the old /c, but I was always bothered by the two very close and very black strokes joining at the top. The new design angles the strokes away from each other more, and thus avoids that problem.

I definitely prefer the new version on the /s. It may look a bit more modern than one would expect for a blackletter, but it matches the font's texture much better, and that's my main goal.
  • Options
    Agreed. btw, the new specimen is bloody gorgeous, and quite legible. Kudos!
  • Options
    Alright, it's out:

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/catharsis-fonts/brilliance/

Thanks again to everyone for the extremely valuable feedback!
  • Options
    Good luck with this one Christian!
  • Options
    You didn't tell us there was an italic;)
  • Options
    It's just a plain old Oblique... which is why I'm not asking any extra money for it or anything. ;o)
  • Options
    Just wanted to chime in and say this is really nice - I was immediately taken back by the condensed look of your typeface, it's quite refreshing. It's not too contrasty either and has a nice rhythm when used in paragraphs.