Eau de Garamond — a sans distilled from the essence of Garamond

1789101113»

Comments

• Oh, I forgot about that. But homophones are OK, I think. Esp. in French, where everything is a hompohone of everything. At least to my ear ;) 
  • I thought I was being clever — since Mateusz thought of his thing to be usable as some sort of companion to various Garamonds (kind of like in your case), I thought that Gaultier would sort nicely after Garamond in menus. But I was ignorant of Gauthier indeed. Let’s hope there will be no tensions (as the similarity was definitely not intended).
  • @Rafael Saraiva @Igor Petrovic (transfered from another thread)
    Is this /U-cy/ better?

• Christian ThalmannChristian Thalmann Posts: 1,521
    edited May 6
    Hmmm, I'm having the blasphemous thought of performing tail reduction surgery on Ysabeau's most iconic letter, /a/ (before, after):

The change only affects the middle two masters. Worthwhile, or sad...?
    I was hoping of easing the /a/s/ collision a bit, but if anything, the fact that the colliding stroke ends are now no longer at the same height is more irritating...
    Also: Any idea on how to fix this butt-ugly Black /Omega/?

• Linus RomerLinus Romer Posts: 76
    About the /Omega/
    Maybe more round and less contrast? Similar to Source Sans Pro (but of course with extended width):

Thanks @Linus Romer, that helped! New /Omega/:

• Steve GardnerSteve Gardner Posts: 75
    @Christian Thalmann - I know the /Omicrom and /Omega both overshoot, but in that string above, the /Omicrom in particular looks a little short compared to the /Eta.
    edited May 9
    Hmmm, you probably have a point there.
    I've made some test O's with –9 (current), –11, –13, –15 points of overshoot. I'm leaning towards the middle two. Perhaps I should go with –12?
    Test with –13: