Changes To Reactions Redux

2»

Comments

• Chris LozosChris Lozos Posts: 1,080
    Much ado about not much when it comes to flags. I really don't pay much attention to them.
  • James ToddJames Todd Posts: 233
    The reason “like” was removed was because Typedrawers isn’t a popularity contest. There are enough places on the internet where people can “like” things.
  • joeclarkjoeclark Posts: 123

In many ways, this vertical-market type-design forum is incompetently run, such incompetence being buttressed by severely nasty yet endlessly indulged members like Stewf, who himself didn’t do a better job when he was running the place.

And yes, after 26 years online, I do know better. This forum is predicated on the expertise of its members, and some of us have expertise in more than one field.

So again, kids: Which crime is greater – continuously permitting incorrect and intrusive (also lazy) Web-authoring practices or complaining about it and being right? Please make your selection now.

• Personally I pay zero attention to the flags. They are all popular-based flags...with the exception of flagging abuse that is actually abuse. 

Mike
  • AbrahamLeeAbrahamLee Posts: 178
    Personally I don’t mind the flags, but I wonder if, for the sake of simplicity, professionalism, and to encourage actual dialog instead of just reactions, all the flags except for Abuse and Quote should just be done away with? I’m part of other forums that do this and it works great from what I can tell.