Dalton Maag is recruiting for Font Developers to join us at our office in Brixton, South London.
Each Font Developer will work as part of a Font Development Team, contributing to a range of products and
services which maintain and grow Dalton Maag’s international client base, and which help us to achieve our
We’re looking for people who have a talent for developing high-quality Latin and/or non-Latin typefaces
in a commercial setting. The ideal candidates will be open to enhancing their skills via Dalton Maag’s
comprehensive training scheme in all areas of font development, including Latin and non-Latin typeface
design, font engineering, and font hinting.
They will be self-motivating, enjoy working as part of a team, and be comfortable delivering their work within
the formal structure of a project. They will have a strong sense of responsibility for their own initiatives, be
flexible and dedicated to delivering great quality work, enjoy collaborating with diverse groups of people, and
be able to express themselves well in small and large forums.
• Works on all parts of Font Development projects, from design to delivery.
• Collaborates with other Font Developers in their own team and cross-team where required.
• Communicates effectively with clients, consultants, and suppliers.
• Meets and seeks to improve internal quality standards, requirements, and best practices.
• Documents and shares knowledge.
• Experience in Font Design and/or Engineering, and a basic awareness of the full Font Development process
including spacing and kerning, hinting etc.
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, and font editing and production software e.g. FontLab, GlyphsApp,
Microsoft VOLT, Adobe FDK, and other industry-standard applications.
• A logical, punctual, and organized approach.
• Collaborative, proactive, and communicative attitude.
• Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
From £31,380 per annum depending on experience. Salary is reviewed annually.
Portfolios and covering letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org