While I am still using ttfa, I'm curious about how other people who use ttfa work with control files? My process is as follows:
- Use Impallari's Tester to see the font in browser at a range of sizes and identify problems
- Open font in FontForge
- Activate "Show Grid Fit" at the correct point size and settings
- Turn off Guide and Back layer to see only the foreground to read the correct point numbers
- Experiment with values in the control file
- Generate new fonts and repeat
I'd be very happy to read your processes. Is there another way to read the point numbers other than going through FontForge — this is probably the most tedious part?
Or does anyone have suggestions on how to do this better? I've never done manual hinting myself. I use Glyphs and eventually plan to look at the Glyphs app TT hinting or VTT.