How to submit fonts to Google or Adobe

Dear,
I have finished design of two Indian language fonts. When I am looking for publish these fonts.In india majority of websites depends on Google fonts or majority publishing sector depending on Adobe. So decided to commission fonts on AF or GF
Which is the best option?? Will they pay for fonts. If they make payment what's rate they pay ??
And how to contact with them.

Comments

• jeremy tribbyjeremy tribby Posts: 212
    edited November 2021
    this is ultimately a philosophical question about open source. google fonts will require an OFL or Apache 2 license.

see this link for contributing new families to google fonts. it has a note about financial assistance. it also has a note about there being exceptions to pretty much everything it says 😅
  • You might also consider your compatriots at Indian Type Foundry, who are the creators of Fontshare.com, a new and growing open-source type platform.
  • IIRC I hooked up with Adobe by sending a message to the contact form on the web site.

For Google fonts hit up @Dave Crossland on Twitter or here.
  • Dave CrosslandDave Crossland Posts: 1,389
    edited November 2021
    FontShare isn't for libre fonts. See https://www.fontshare.com/terms

As Jeremy says, Google Fonts contribution requirements are here, https://github.com/google/fonts/blob/main/CONTRIBUTING.md

We do require only OFL for Fonts, nowadays

Currently Google Fonts isn't actively commissioning fonts, but I'm always happy to hear proposals. 
  • Thanks every one for sharing information.
  • As for the Adobe Fonts, I can't find any contact option on the website except to chat with the Virtual Assistant.

Is there anybody from Adobe Fonts here on TD to help giving a contact? If it is not public information you can send me PM, thanks!
  • I sent you a message.
  • Update from Google Fonts too - I'll be actively commissioning fonts again this year, specifically African Latin. 
  • Christian ThalmannChristian Thalmann Posts: 1,938
    edited January 2023
    Update from Google Fonts too - I'll be actively commissioning fonts again this year, specifically African Latin. 
    @Dave Crossland I'm currently swamped with work but might have capacity later in the year, in case you'd like to add African Latin to Cormorant and/or Ysabeau...
  • I had done searching to connect to Adobe fonts. I had found such a mail in their forums. You send  font it here and they look at it and get back to you. foundry-submissions@adobe.com