variable font mismatching glyph outlines

hi! i have my first VF using FL8, two axis. everything works now as needed -except the © glyph. it does not export that gyph in the font.

® is working fine.

if i delete the ©-circle, the remaining c-shape does interpolate well over both axis. 

trying to solve my problem, i copy/pasted the circle from ® into ©, check start nodes and PS directions, match masters, but that ends up in the same mess with assigned outlines and/or points? how can i solve this and how would you call this incident? thanks for thoughts!

Comments

• John HudsonJohn Hudson Posts: 2,955
    Looks like mismatched contour order. Go into the FL8 Elements panel and check that the order of the contours are the same in all layers (if not, drag the contours into the same order).
  • Looks like mismatched contour order. Go into the FL8 Elements panel and check that the order of the contours are the same in all layers (if not, drag the contours into the same order).
    thank you, John! indeed there is something wrong with the arrangement of contours. i reorder them in all masters to the same. pressing match masters though does rearrange one outline in one master back to wrong position - even if i use the lock-icon to stop it from doing so. is there a further remedy to this problem?
  • John HudsonJohn Hudson Posts: 2,955
    Don’t use match masters? I always manually manage the contour ordering.
  • Don’t use match masters? I always manually manage the contour ordering.
    i did try with match masters because there is no instance layer visible, even all contours and nodes seem matching. all other glyphs have that variability instance layer in the Layers palette. my © does not "move" in the Variations palette player, Preview or Texttool window. I will keep trying.
  • Don’t use match masters? I always manually manage the contour ordering.
    Hello John, i had to "sort out nodes and contours" in the Variations panel - Alex from Fontlab told me so. it all works now, makes me 😃 . still a lot to learn!