Options

Celebrating 25 Years of High-Logic!

High-Logic is proud to celebrate 25 years in business as an independent font software vendor.

Join the party, and receive a 25% discount for the next 25 days!

It all started with a font editor (FontCreator) for Windows in 1997, and a few years later it was complemented with a font manager (MainType) and a font generator (Scanahand). Most professional font designers use more than one tool to edit and produce their typefaces, and over the years many of them have come to appreciate the way FontCreator helps them create better fonts.

High-Logic is the only vendor to have developed its own native font engine that includes an advanced shaping engine, OpenType layout feature (fea and VOLT) compilers and decompilers, converters for both UFO and DesignSpace formats, together with support for subsetting variable fonts.

“Our proprietary font engine sets us apart from the competition,” says Erwin Denissen, “FontCreator exports fonts with the highest known compression and it is the only font editor that allows you to visually edit all OpenType layout features, even with variable fonts”.

Why not celebrate together? Until Sunday, 25 December 2022, you can enjoy 25% off all products. Visit the High-Logic store and use this coupon at checkout: CPN4SPL2959

FontCreator is fully functional for 30 days, so go pro and give it a try!
https://www.high-logic.com/font-editor/fontcreator

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations, quite the milestone!
  • Options
    Congratulations, Erinn. FontCreator does seem to be an incredibly varied and powerful toolbox.
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Congratulations! 25 years is forever in the digital fonts world.
  • Options
    André G. IsaakAndré G. Isaak Posts: 626
    edited December 2022
    If only there were a Mac version! (wishful thinking :smile:)

[I'm sure windows users feel the same way about Glyphs]
  • Options
    Congrats!  Here's to 25 more!
  • Options
    Congratulations, Erwin!
  • Options
    John SavardJohn Savard Posts: 1,091
    edited December 2022
    I had never heard of High-Logic. I had tried to use the open-source program FontForge, but I couldn't manage to put it to real use in my Windows setup. Ages ago, I did find a program available on a single floppy disk for Windows 3.1 to be useful, but it is long gone.
    The limitations on the inexpensive Home edition are not onerous.
    Hence, I went and bought a copy.
  • Options
    John SavardJohn Savard Posts: 1,091
    I have now been able to look up the program I had used at one time in the past: FontMonger, from Ares Software.
  • Options
    RodiRodi Posts: 3
    I have now been able to look up the program I had used at one time in the past: FontMonger, from Ares Software.

Ares software was great, was a huge fan. FontStudio (developed by Ares) FontMonger (used by Southern Software to change fonts), FontHopper was a great cross platform font exchange program. FontChameleon. WOWZA!!

Adobe bought them and shelved them, such a shame.

Thanks to High Logic, I just took them up on their gracious offer and it looks rather robust too.

• Options
    Thank you for all your kind words and feedback!

Due to the holidays, some people forgot about the discount, so we have decided to extend the offer. You can enjoy a 25% discount until the end of 2022.

Go to our website and use this coupon:
    CPN4SPL2959

• Options
    I second Ray's opinion on Font Creator. I use it for the same reasons as him.