Options

Help for Greek letters

Hi. I am working on my new font. I create them inspired by Didone and Bodoni styles.I also add Greek, Hebrew and Cyrillic letters to the font. I am trying to choose the correct style along with my own versions. The help I want from you right now is about the Greek alphabet. What you see on the screen are the letters Delta, Xi, Sigma, Upsilon, Psi. What do you think, which default should go into which Stylistic Set, or should I stick with one version at all? 
I will also ask for your help with other letters under this post.

Comments

• Options
    Latin alphabet

• Options
    I have created few of the letters inspired by the screenshot which was shared in this comment
  • Options
    John SavardJohn Savard Posts: 1,091
    The example Greek letters you showed reminded me of a typeface I had seen... which does not at all resemble your Latin alphabet for the Turkish character set. I would definitely recommend the first upsilon over the second one, but I would need to think more to comment on the earlier ones.
  • Options
    Thomas PhinneyThomas Phinney Posts: 2,748
    second Delta
    second Xi
    second Psi
    first Sigma
    neither Upsilon
  • Options
    Thanks, @Thomas Phinney I made Upsilon as you can see now

• Options
    K PeaseK Pease Posts: 182
    I think, rather than trying to build from E, all three strokes of Xi may be better as straight didone turned sideways, i.e., no bracketing into the serifs.
  • Options
    Just a note on the Latin characters:

For my taste the gaps between the base glyphs and the accents are too narrow in the capitals, e.g. Latin capital letter I with dot. 
  • Options
    Thanks, @Helmut Wollmersdorfer

Done