Hello from Austin designer Phil Coffman

philcoffmanphilcoffman Posts: 3
edited September 2021 in Introductions
Hey TypeDrawers community!

I've been designing since 2000, primarily focusing on web design, initially for clients but moved into product-focused design the last several years. I currently lead the design efforts at PCPartPicker where I do a little bit of everything from site design/development to internal branding projects, 3D and some motion graphics.

Earlier this year I launched out into trying my hand at type design. I recently launched my first font: Rebar. While it feels amazing to release my first font I realize I am still very much learning and have a lot more knowledge related to type design to soak up.

Thanks to Amy Hood I've discovered this amazing community! I'm looking forward to spending time here.
Tagged:

Comments

• Welcome!
  • Welcome!

• Hey Phil, welcome aboard!

PCPartPicker is nicely designed. It made me want to configure a PC, even though I have no real reason to do so!  :smiley:

• Hey Phil, welcome aboard!

PCPartPicker is nicely designed. It made me want to configure a PC, even though I have no real reason to do so!  :smiley:

Thank you! You'd actually be surprised how many people use the site to just play around with a part list for a build that they never end up building. There are also many members of our community who are willing to help guide first-time builders if you ever want to put one together. I personally run a dual setup: custom built PC for 3D/AE/Gaming and MacBook Pro for design/coding/fonts/everything else.
  • Welcome Phil, congrats on your first release :)
  • hey Phil, welcome.
  • Welcome 🤗