Typography focused forum for graphic designers (not just type designers)

Eris AlarEris Alar Posts: 420
One of the things I liked about Typophile back in the day was how it embraced both type designers and type users (usually graphic designers).
Does anyone know if there are any graphic design forums that have a section focused on typography? I have to admit I'm out of the loop and don't know any.
Maybe forums are just not used much these days with Facebook groups and Discord servers taking over, but I like the open nature of forums and the way it is usually possible to look back over old threads. I feel I have lots to still learn about using type, and generally learn best by talking with others and hearing their opinions and experiences. 

Comments

• I would like to know about this as well. I don't know of any.
  • Thomas PhinneyThomas Phinney Posts: 2,730
    Adobe has a dedicated type and typography forum area, but it is basically for/about people having font problems or trouble using a font in Adobe apps. More like tech support than typography discussion.

Other than that, I know nothing.  :neutral:

• typografie.info may be what you're looking for. It's all in German, but most folks there speak English, and there's always google translate for reading.
  • KP MawhoodKP Mawhood Posts: 294
    Thanks @Oliver Weiss (Walden Font Co.)

Looks like there's an English-speaking sister site as well: typography.guru  :)
  • Nick CurtisNick Curtis Posts: 118
    Thomas Phinney Posts: 2,044
    Adobe has a dedicated type and typography forum area, but it is basically for/about people having font problems or trouble using a font in Adobe apps. More like tech support than typography discussion.
    Thomas,
    Would you be so kind as to provide me with a link to that forum. Perhaps I can get an answer to my decade-old quest to eliminate zero-width lines in border fonts converted into AI brushes and still; maintain their relative positions.

• Nick CurtisNick Curtis Posts: 118
    Looks like there's an English-speaking sister site as well: typography.guru  
    Thanks for this link.

• Thomas PhinneyThomas Phinney Posts: 2,730
    The relevant Adobe community forums (there are actually perhaps two) are:
  • Cory MaylettCory Maylett Posts: 245
    edited July 2021
    Take a look at the Graphic Design Forum (GDF). As already mentioned, forums aren't as popular as they once were, but I still think they're the best places for ongoing discussions. GDF has been around for about 20 years and is still doing reasonably well.

More to your point, the forum has a typography section that has some traffic but needs more. GDF is a mix of newbie graphic designers, students, and seasoned pros.

I'm a moderator there, and quite often, I've referred people to Typedrawers.com when more technical subjects come up about typography that most graphic designers are only vaguely familiar with.