Bring back the Off Topic reaction

2»

Comments

• Thomas PhinneyThomas Phinney Posts: 2,732
    I disagree; I think “disagree” is a perfectly valid reaction.

If somebody expresses an opinion or belief that I disagree with, I am happy to have the choice of (1) expressing my contrary opinion OR (2) registering my disagreement with a quick “disagree.”

Maybe somebody else has already made the point I agree with. Maybe the point I disagree with has been expressed before, possibly by the same person, and I have already explained my take and don’t feel like doing so again. It’s a useful shorthand.
  • Mark SimonsonMark Simonson Posts: 1,652
    edited July 2021
    I only wish the disagreers were visible, like the other buttons. But, as I understand it, that's just how the forum engine works and it can't be changed.
  • If you hover your cursor over the reaction do you not see who selected it? I’m not able to toggle visibility of reactions.
  • Mark SimonsonMark Simonson Posts: 1,652
    edited July 2021
    It works with everything except for Disagree and Flag. (And touch devices, which don't support hover.)
  • AbiRasheedAbiRasheed Posts: 238
    edited July 2021
    I have to disagree wrt the visibility of who disagrees, sorry Mark. I think having an opinion without people going out to get you just because you disagreed with them helps. On a different note @Craig Eliason  mentioned bringing back the Like button, would be awesome if that was brought back. There are posts where a simple like makes more sense sort of like encouragement. Agree or disagree or offtopic makes no sense there. As an example, out of the top discussions lets pick a random one like how-long-does-it-takes-for-you-to-finish-a-typeface. Just liking the post because it's interesting helps I think. I don't necessarily disagree or agree with the post but I like the content. Either way happy 4th of july!