Options

Geometrica

Hi Type Drawers,

Finally, I published "Geometrica" at MyFonts this time under my own foundry, so I decide to do new updates on this version.

1. Stylistic alternate for "g" has a considerable change in order to gain a better upper counter performance in heaviest weights.

2. Add new stylistic alternates for "A, E, Æ"

3. Follow the same style on localized forms for German

4. With an inclusive mind, this version include "Guaraní" support (still need some improvements).

Kerning retouches for new and some old couples.

The rest of stuff you can see it at https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/peggo/geometrica/ and soon directly on my webpage.

Thank you for your time.
Pedro
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Adam JagoszAdam Jagosz Posts: 689
    I'm not sure how actual Guarani users type, but per Unicode, the combining mark goes after the letter.
    While the ~G ~g trick works, the combining mark support only works for the uppercase G in Geometrica (and only for the lowercase in Rooney Sans in the input above, what is the irony of that?):

But is there even a keyboard layout that inputs the correct sequence /g/tildecomb?
  • Options
    I'm not sure how actual Guarani users type, but per Unicode, the combining mark goes after the letter.
    While the ~G ~g trick works, the combining mark support only works for the uppercase G in Geometrica (and only for the lowercase in Rooney Sans in the input above, what is the irony of that?):

But is there even a keyboard layout that inputs the correct sequence /g/tildecomb?

haha... we talk with some friends who also try to solve these diacritics problem, in order to make access to Guaraní language easier, still is not a perfect solution, but in our case, it works, not quite sure if Rooney designer even tries to make it accessible via keyboard combination.