Missing glyph after export (MyFont Validator) even glyph is part of the font

Hello,
I have a problem that I trying to solve for a day, I have not found anything about it.
 So after exporting font file with Fontlab 6/7  to, otf ps. Monotype MyFont Validator tool show me missing glyph in font. Missing glyph its comma (uni002c) and I can see it normaly as part of the font in the preview menu and do not show any error message or anything. Really dont know where may be the problem.

Please help. Thank you

Comments

• Thomas PhinneyThomas Phinney Posts: 2,731
    What did you name the glyph?

Wondering if MyFonts Validator is sensitive to glyph names and expects it to be /comma and you literally named it /uni002C ?
  • I tried also comma name for glyph and result is still same. I am lost, I tried many validators and all show me comma as part of the font only MyFont Validator not. Never had this problem before.
  • Thomas PhinneyThomas Phinney Posts: 2,731
    If you hover over the glyph in the Font Window, you will see a tooltip style thing come up with the relevant info all at once:

It should show the same glyph name and Unicode codepoint as above, although of course the width might well be different.
  • Naming it looks ok, as you can see on the picture. I checked double coding as well with all glyphs and haven't found anything.

• James PuckettJames Puckett Posts: 1,969
    Does the glyph in question work in Adobe apps, Word, and Chrome? If so the problem is probably in Monotype’s code.
  • Yes it works fine, so it may be problem with Monotype's validator and nothing wrong with font it self?
  • James PuckettJames Puckett Posts: 1,969
    That would be my assumption. Email foundry support and ask them to look into it.
  • I did couple days ago, will see what they will say about it. I will let you know as soon as I gonna know more.
  • Richard35Richard35 Posts: 5
    Hello ones again, so after reviewing from monotype foundry, the font has been submitted. So everyone experiencing the same issue please stay calm and submit new font as normal. I am pretty sure they will look in to in. 
    Thanks to all who help me.