Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • looks like a worthy successor of Comic Sans.
  • edited November 2019
    He is a true man of the people...  :-/
  • From a psychological point of view, I find this peculiar capital I very interesting. He seems to use it for himself personally only, the other instances in the text do not carry those mega luggage serifs.

Source of image: FAZ.net

• Chris LozosChris Lozos Posts: 1,458
    Tiny Hand Pro up soon, with Tiny Hand Behind Bars due next Summer ;-)
  • Nick ShinnNick Shinn Posts: 2,131
    Well Andreas, it could also be the initial (titlecase) form, as he dots his /i’s elsewhere. I doubt the font makes this distinction!

Note also the titlecase ligature of T_h — how very sophisticated, just like Adobe! 
  • Well Andreas, it could also be the initial (titlecase) form, as he dots his /i’s elsewhere. I doubt the font makes this distinction!

Note also the titlecase ligature of T_h — how very sophisticated, just like Adobe! 
    Yes, *titelcase* may be an important clue here.

However, I am concerned with a few more aspects of this titling art.

• The repetitive capitalized minuscule e, a reminiscense to his childhood?
    • The ostentatiously slacking tail of the Q forms a noticable contradiction to other, more erectuous parts of the writing, such as the horizontals of T or F. Wath does that tell us?
    • I am furthermore startled about how he could make off with the on-board stationary from the Air Force One.
  • Chris LozosChris Lozos Posts: 1,458
    Thank you, Andreas, I needed a good laugh today ;-)
  • John SavardJohn Savard Posts: 1,088
    edited November 2019

• I am furthermore startled about how he could make off with the on-board stationary from the Air Force One.
    You are? Isn't he the guy who it is put there for? However much some of us might rather that this had not been the case.

looks like a worthy successor of Comic Sans.
    Unfortunately, though, it is too late for anyone to use it to announce the discovery of the Higgs boson. That would just take the cake.
  • André G. IsaakAndré G. Isaak Posts: 626
    edited November 2019
    Sorely lacking from this font is the iconic signature, which I have seen described as a spectrograph of the sound one encounters at the Gates of Hell:

Also, I feel the license for this font really ought to prohibit it from being used at less than 24 pts. Despite his tiny hands, Trump seems incapable of writing at sizes below this.
  • No worries, Mark got you covered. The font comes with several alternates, including the barred I (available via swash alternates). The signature is encoded as .

• "Kinda" added it to the name check tool: https://namecheck.fontdata.com/?q=tiny+hand
  • @André G. Isaak Now I know why I dyslike so much Arrighi's calligraphy ! :-D
  • André G. IsaakAndré G. Isaak Posts: 626
    edited November 2019
    No worries, Mark got you covered. The font comes with several alternates, including the barred I (available via swash alternates). The signature is encoded as .
    I must have been *really* sleepy when I looked at this to have missed that. Though I'm a bit surprised it isn't encoded as ®. You'd assume Trump would register his trademarks.
  • Brilliant idea, making a font so darn quickly from it.
  • Vasil StanevVasil Stanev Posts: 759
    edited December 2019
    I don't have an opinion on the man. but I like the font and use my version from time to time. It's a good, juicy font when people want something "fancy" and "brush-y". :) The type of clients that adore Mistral and Comic Sans like it.

• Vasil StanevVasil Stanev Posts: 759
    edited December 2019
    Brilliant idea, making a font so darn quickly from it.
    I have seen it around the time he got elected, my Cyrillic is from 2017. It got renewed attenntion some time ago, dunno why.

• The type of clients that adore Mistral and Comic Sans like it.
    Although any typeface can be used well/poorly, Mistral has a class (and a technical prowess, especially in the original metal) that something like Comic Sans doesn't even know how to dream of.
  • Ray LarabieRay Larabie Posts: 1,376
    You said it. Mistral isn't just beautiful, it's technical marvel.
  • I meant to say it gets a bit overused here
  • John SavardJohn Savard Posts: 1,088
    Ray Larabie said:
    You said it. Mistral isn't just beautiful, it's technical marvel.
    Indeed. That hasn't stopped people from doing imitations of it; once, looking for Armenian free fonts, I found an Armenian version.