Options

FF Signa: the typeface of the AMD announcements

After not being able to identify it myself at the time of the Ryzen 3000 announcement, after I came across a NASA web site using a similar typeface, I tried again to use WhatTheFont at MyFonts to identify it. This time, some results came up that looked promising. Using the capital G to narrow things down, I then confirmed, by looking at the lower-case g, that it was indeed FF Signa that AMD was using.
So now I've learned the identity of another popular trend-setting typeface of the present day.

Comments

• Options
    John SavardJohn Savard Posts: 1,091
    And, thanks to Font Face Ninja, I've learned that the typeface on the NASA web site in question, which was not FF Signa, is Titillium Web.
  • Options
    And then, visiting the AMD web site, I see that a typeface that resembled FF Signa, including in the shape of G and g, but which was more condensed, was Klavika Condensed, so now I'm going to need to check out the regular Klavika to see if I was mistaken about my earlier identification of FF Signa.
  • Options
    I was mistaken. I noticed that Klavika seemed to have a distinctive capital K. It turned out that FF Signa also has the same style of capital K, where the vertical line is touched by the rest of the letter only at a single point - but Klavika is a more squared font, while FF Signa has larger round areas in letters like P, R, D, B and so on.