Interview with Piet Jacobs, ex Joh. Enschedé’s typefounder

Ramiro EspinozaRamiro Espinoza Posts: 839
edited January 2018 in History of Typography
At re-type's weblog we have published a lengthy interview with Piet Jacobs who worked at Enschedé foundry for many years and, at his own private press, published the autobiography of Paul Rädisch.

I think those interested in Dutch type history and how things were done at Enschedé will like this text:
http://www.re-type.com/news/2018/01/10/analoog-1-interview-to-piet-jacobs/

Comments

• Thanks!
  • Ramiro, this is really excellent. Thank you so much for doing it, and for publishing it! I wish that it could be a book.
  • Dan ReynoldsDan Reynolds Posts: 172
    edited January 2018
    You can also add me to the list of people who would love to read (and purchase) an English-language edition of Rädisch’s autobiography.
  • Ramiro EspinozaRamiro Espinoza Posts: 839
    edited January 2018
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the compliments. I am glad you found the interview interesting and that Piet can get more in touch with younger generations.

The the coming months I will publish more interviews to type personalities who I think deserve more exposition or have compelling stories to tell.

About the English version of A tot Z, I think at some point we could try to fund it via crowdfunding but at the moment I am with too many projects on my desktop and I can't take another one. If you know of a potential editor, let him know about this possibility. It would make a nice booklet and there are good unpublished images that could be used to illustrate it.

• Super cool. thanks Ramiro!
  • Bob TrogmanBob Trogman Posts: 1
    edited January 2018
    I was at the the firm in Haarlem and met with Sem Hartz. I even signed the Queen's book.
    I even bought 3 fonts Cancelleresca Bastarda from the foundry with special hand fit characters
  • Love it! Thanks for sharing this