Comments

• Alex, unfortunately this group would rather fight over whether Jake is a lettering artist or a calligrapher. It has been a month since you posted this. That should tell you all you need to know!
  • Alex KaczunAlex Kaczun Posts: 163
    Michael, thank you for your reply—I agree with your perspective on the matter totally. It's sad that this group has nothing to say about Jake Weidmann's incredible talent and dedication to calligraphy & the graphic arts. IMHO, Jake is not only a master calligrapher— he is an exceptional artist & wood carver, blending all of these various art forms together in a unique fashion. Outstanding work from such a young man. Jake even makes his own pens from exotic materials. I've never come across an individual with so much raw talent & discipline. Most of us wish we had only a fraction of that type of drive. I know for a fact that he is also working on font design & development. So, call Jake whatever you want. I call him an inspiration to all of us!
  • John HudsonJohn Hudson Posts: 2,955
    Is suspect many people, like me, already saw this video when it was first published last summer. He is indeed very skilled, and I'm interested to hear that he is engaging in type design and font making.

That said, the American nostalgia work shown in the video is of absolutely zero interest to me personally.
  • Really brilliant stuff Alex, thanks for bringing it our attention. 
  • Thomas PhinneyThomas Phinney Posts: 2,730
    edited April 2016
    Like John, I saw it last year. But it is still spectacular! And being reminded of it caused me to show it to my wife. 

(Unlike John, I do find the content personally interesting.)
  • Deleted AccountDeleted Account Posts: 739
    edited April 2016
    Looks Canadian to me. 
  • This is amazing work. I also kinda want to buy one of the pens he designed...
  • I saw this video some time ago. I admire his dedication and perfectionism. I didn't know he was working in type design. That's interesting.
  • Mark SimonsonMark Simonson Posts: 1,652
    edited September 2016
    Does he do type design? I can't find anything about that on the web. It's not mentioned in the video.