another day, another sad logo (for the Ontario Conservative party)

Ontario Conservative party's new logo

Comments

• Ray LarabieRay Larabie Posts: 1,376
    They should be back to the 80's logo that looked like a beer label.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Conservative_Party_of_Ontario
  • Chris LozosChris Lozos Posts: 1,458
    It looks a bit PC to me ;-)
  • SiDanielsSiDaniels Posts: 277
    I'm sure the similarity to the PG Tips logo has been mentioned.
  • joeclarkjoeclark Posts: 122

Experts” (including a guy in the States):

1. “It suggests a mash-up of each of the three parties, Progressive Conservative, Liberal and Green Party” (even though there are more parties than that in Ontario)
    2. “The geometric construction of the logo is also consistent with current trends in graphic design that are already becoming cliché and outdated”
    3. “Trilliums are white, or at least the way we know them iconically.... It’s either that or a weird pot leaf”
  • For the the benefit of non-Canadians here, PC in Canadian political parlance is Progressive Conservative - Which in Ontario is as much of an oxymoron as it sounds (IMHO). 
  • Chris LozosChris Lozos Posts: 1,458
    Russel, "Progressive-Conservative" reminds me of the old ad for Levis where two horses were racing in opposite directions trying to rip apart a pair of blue jeans ;-)
  • Russell McGormanRussell McGorman Posts: 258
    edited March 2016
    They were once pretty much a centrist party. That ended federally here with the merger of the Reform Party and the PCs, They then became just the Conservatives, though for a time they tried out the name, Canadian Reform Alliance Party. Honestly... No idea why that didn't never took root. <|:o)  
  • Nick ShinnNick Shinn Posts: 2,131
    Strangely, the Canadian Liberal and NDP parties (centre and left) have the same name federally and provincially, but not the Tories. They should get their act together, at least to demonstrate the modicum of organizational competency that might be expected of those aspiring to government.

We have four national parties: red (Liberal), orange (NDP), green (Green) and blue (Conservative), so this new logo is clearly way off brand.
  • @Russell_McGorman"didn't never took." (I'll be my own grammar nazi.)
  • John HudsonJohn Hudson Posts: 2,955
    Strangely, the Canadian Liberal and NDP parties (centre and left) have the same name federally and provincially, but not the Tories.

In BC it's a bit stranger than that, because the BC Liberal party is much closer to the Tories federally than to the federal Liberal party. In BC, the Liberal party is the right wing vote.