Python install on windows 10 using fontlab 5.2

I upgraded to windows 10 and installed Fontlab 5.2. I installed python as well but I am not sure if there is a specific way to get fontlab to recognize that python is installed. I looked at the instructions for windows 7 and 8 and the steps required are not available on windows 10. Any ideas?

Comments

• Did you install 32-bit Python v2.7?
    Thomas Phinney at FontLab has a great step-by-step install guide here:
    How to install Python, RoboFab, TTX/FontTools and other add-ons to enable scripting in FontLab Studio

• HI James. Yes I did. Unfortunately his instructions are for previous versions of windows. I couldn't find what he was instructing in windows 10.
  • oops sorry I figured it out! Thanks!!!
  • Charles, can you enlighten us as to what in my instructions might need updating for Windows 10?
  • Jameson R SpiresJameson R Spires Posts: 20
    edited February 2016
    If I remember correctly from a couple months ago, the only problem I had was accessing the System Properties dialog. The instructions for setting up the path variable are no longer accessible via the Control Panel on Windows 10.

The quickest way to get to the System Properties dialog is via the run command (Windows key + R).

Executing "sysdm.cpl" will open the System Properties dialog for Windows XP and beyond.

Executing "rundll32 sysdm.cpl,EditEnvironmentVariables" will directly open Environment Variables dialog on Windows Vista and beyond.

Executing "SystemPropertiesAdvanced" will open System Properties dialog with the Advanced tab already selected on Windows 7 and beyond.

I'm hopeful that no one running XP is actively using FontLab Studio though :#

• FontLab Studio is rock-solid on my rock-solid WinXP on my rock-solid Dell from 2006.