Options

Type@Cooper West - looking for opportunities

Winston ScullyWinston Scully Posts: 16
edited December 2015 in Education
Hello all, 

I just received some great news that I'm accepted to the Type@Cooper West program! I'm beyond excited, but I'm hustling to make some connections to make this happen.

I'm looking for a graphic design/screen printing/type design job in SF as well as housing. If anyone could point me in some direction, I'd be extremely grateful.

I really really want to make this happen, but it's a huge risk for me and I know virtually no one in SF. I know this is a bit of a stretch asking strangers on a forum, but any bit of direction would be extremely helpful.

Comments

• Options
    Vouching for Winston, via a mutual friend. Wishing I had more to offer than positivity, but hopefully pure gumption will do the trick in this case!
  • Options
    @Dave Bailey 
    Thanks Dave. Appreciate the help. Hoping we'll be classmates!
  • Options
    Winston, have you had any luck yet?

For finding a job: You might check out http://www.inkerlinker.com — although be warned it has some problems and Jessica doesn't have time to fix them right now. But the idea is you can find screen printers (and other) in a specific location.

For housing: You might reach out to others that will also be there to see if they have a spare bed/couch? 
  • Options
    @Tiffany Wardle de Sousa 
    I will definitely check that out. Thanks for the tip!

And yes, I planned on seeing if I could get the emails of the other students. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I've decided to go, and I'll figure it all out as it comes. Haha. 

But thank you, I will definitely check out that site :)