Centered with Fontlab

2»

Comments

• Mark SimonsonMark Simonson Posts: 1,652
    That's how I do it if I have more than a few to do. I also have text files containing accent recipes that I can copy and paste into the Generate Glyphs dialog.
  • Georg SeifertGeorg Seifert Posts: 669
    edited June 2012
    I just added the a+b=c syntax to the generate glyphs command in Glyphs. It does not support the positioning modifiers for now, as this is mostly handled by anchors. But now you can do things like:
    a.sc=A.sc ...
    dotlessi+dieresis.narrow=idieresis
  • AnaPesicAnaPesic Posts: 1
    Can you tell me how to fix a problem with diacritic sins? When I click, for example ABRAVE, fontLab don't give mi A and BRAVE compose, than I must manual coping, does anyone knows how to fix that? In an earlier version that was automatically. Thank you
  • Thomas PhinneyThomas Phinney Posts: 2,732
    There is a file called "alias.dat" that controls this behavior. Make sure that it has the right content.

Also, if the glyph is not named correctly, FontLab Studio won't generate the glyph. So for example, the data file has abreve and Abreve but not ABRAVE.
  • StephenRappStephenRapp Posts: 59
    I'm now having issues with Fontlab. I used to just double click a diacritic cell like say á and Fontlab would automatically add both components. It no longer does that. I thought maybe some preference might have been changed, but couldn't find any. I do have the alias.dat file in the FontLab folder. Is it possible that might have gotten corrupted?
  • Chris LozosChris Lozos Posts: 1,458
    edited May 2015
    Stephen, be sure the cell is vacant [shows as grey].  Even if there are no contents in the glyph cell, you must "delete" the cell first.
    It is gray and untouched. It just doesn't place components anymore for some reason.
    I reinstalled Fontlab and it is now working OK.