Type Releases feed

Peter EnnesonPeter Enneson Posts: 31
I recently posted a notice about the new Canada Type version of Henk Krijger’s Raffia Initials done by Patrick Griffin in the type releases category. So far the only views seem to be my own. Why don’t threads in this category appear in the regular TypeDrawers feed where more people will see them? 

Comments

• Stephen ColesStephen Coles Posts: 994
    edited May 2015
    This was a decision made sometime soon after TypeDrawers launched. I think the idea was that this site is focused primarily on discussions, and while we have no issue with new release announcements, promotion should not be part of the main feed. I am open to changing this if there is sufficient demand, but keep in mind that there are literally dozens of releases per week and if lots of those appear on TD it could overwhelm the other topics.

BTW, there are various alternative sources for keeping up with new releases:
  • Peter EnnesonPeter Enneson Posts: 31
    edited May 2015
    I though I’d mention it because the Bookerly thread appeared in the main feed.

Maybe there could be a feed in a sidebar to the right of the main feed for items in the Announcements category. 

My post of the Raffia was to some extent to get comments about the new edition, draw attention to the representation of it on my website, and solicit examples of Raffia in use.
  • James PuckettJames Puckett Posts: 1,969
    BTW, there are various alternative sources for keeping up with new releases:

I think that at this point the Type Releases category is no longer needed. When I set up TypeDrawers I created it because design media were getting that information from Typophile and spammers had made it hard to follow that forum. It seems like most people are getting that information from Twitter.

• Stephen ColesStephen Coles Posts: 994
    Thanks, James. Good to know. Still, I think it does no harm in its secondary state.