Options

Andre Simard is proud to announce the release of Corbeau Pro family

André SimardAndré Simard Posts: 185
edited March 2013 in Type Releases
June 30, 2012
I'm proud to announce the released of Corbeau Pro, my third typeface family. This typeface was created with the invaluable advice of Fred Smeijers and the support of Corina Cotorobai and Rudy Geeraerts from Ourtype Foundry.

OurType Corbeau Pro, is a special addition to OurType’s collection of sans serif typefaces. Integrating gentle curves into an overall programme of squarish forms. Corbeau was drawn on the lessons of predecessors such as Eurostile and FF Meta to arrive at fully contemporary design. The design is precise and approachable, and in keeping with the geometry of the roman, a slanted roman is partnered to it. The result is an open, uncomplicated typeface that is easy to use for everyday typography of all kinds. The generous range of weights and the proportions and details of its several widths give Corbeau an impressive efficiency in text settings and a commanding presence in display.

The Corbeau family consists of eight weights of roman and slanted italic designs, each in three widths: condensed, normal and extended. The character set includes small caps; lining, oldstyle and small cap figures (each in tabular and proportional widths); fractions; comprehensive scientific superiors and inferiors, numerators and denominators; case sensitive punctuation sets; mathematical and monetary symbols (in tabular and proportional widths); arrows; standard and discretionary ligatures; and a complete range of accents for all Western, Central and East European languages based on the Latin script.

Corbeau was completed with Fred Smeijers, and produced and released by OurType in 2012. Available in OpenType PRO at https://ourtype.com/

Finally, many thanks to my wife Constance and my daughter Jade. — André Simard

More to see:
Corbeau Pro Condensed
Corbeau Pro Normal
Corbeau Pro Extended

Comments