Vertical metrics help for Yosemite font replacement
Kemie Guaida
Posts: 22
(not sure what section this best fit in, sorry!).
A couple of weeks ago I was happy to discover someone had made a System Font Patcher for Yosemite. It is a clever script that uses fontforge to change the names of any fonts to what the system expects Helvetica Neue to be. I am not the creator or the maintaner of the project, but I've happily used it to replace my system font to Source Sans.
However, it has a few bugs, among them a glitch in vertical metrics in some situations. The owner of the project is asking for help in sorting it out, and I thought I'd just pass it along here in case some savvier person can lend a hand for the greater good.
A couple of weeks ago I was happy to discover someone had made a System Font Patcher for Yosemite. It is a clever script that uses fontforge to change the names of any fonts to what the system expects Helvetica Neue to be. I am not the creator or the maintaner of the project, but I've happily used it to replace my system font to Source Sans.
However, it has a few bugs, among them a glitch in vertical metrics in some situations. The owner of the project is asking for help in sorting it out, and I thought I'd just pass it along here in case some savvier person can lend a hand for the greater good.
5
Categories
- All Categories
- 47 Introductions
- 4K Typeface Design
- 497 Type Design Critiques
- 589 Type Design Software
- 1.1K Type Design Technique & Theory
- 674 Type Business
- 904 Font Technology
- 29 Punchcutting
- 543 Typography
- 128 Type Education
- 333 Type History
- 82 Type Resources
- 114 Lettering and Calligraphy
- 33 Lettering Critiques
- 81 Lettering Technique & Theory
- 577 Announcements
- 101 Events
- 116 Job Postings
- 174 Type Releases
- 185 Miscellaneous News
- 270 About TypeDrawers
- 54 TypeDrawers Announcements
- 114 Suggestions and Bug Reports