FontCreator Now Available for macOS!

Many professional type designers use a combination of tools to create and refine their fonts, and we’re proud that so many have come to rely on FontCreator to enhance their work.

Now, after countless requests, we are excited to announce that FontCreator is finally available for macOS! This means that Mac users can now enjoy the same powerful tools that have helped FontCreator become one of the world's most popular font editors, with over 5 million downloads to date.

At High-Logic, we pride ourselves on being the only vendor with a proprietary font engine that includes:

• An advanced shaping engine
  • Visual OpenType Designer
  • OpenType layout feature (fea and VOLT) compilers and decompilers
  • Support for .glyphs, ufo, and designspace formats
  • Powerful validation, compatibility, and proofing tools
  • Support for subsetting variable fonts

Our proprietary font engine sets us apart,” says Erwin Denissen. “FontCreator is the only font editor that allows visual editing and proofing of all OpenType layout features, even with variable fonts.”

Celebrate with us!
To mark the release of FontCreator for macOS, we’re offering a 25% discount on all our products for a limited time. Use coupon code CPN4ALL25 at checkout and enjoy this special offer!

FontCreator is fully functional for 30 days, so whether you’re on Windows or macOS, now is the perfect time to try it out:

FontCreator Free Trial

Comments

• Kent Lew
    Kent Lew Posts: 927
    Congrats on this development! I’m particularly intrigued to explore VOLT on Mac. So thanks.
  • What are the system requirements for Macs? I cannot find that information on your web site.
  • What are the system requirements for Macs? I cannot find that information on your web site.
    The minimum system requirement for FontCreator on macOS is macOS 11 Big Sur or later. For the best experience, we recommend using the latest version of macOS.
  • James Puckett
    James Puckett Posts: 1,991
    Congratulations on this new venture. And thanks for bringing another font editor to Mac. It’s hard to believe the amount of competition in the market today.
  • Thomas Phinney
    Thomas Phinney Posts: 2,851
    edited September 7
    Congratulations!
    I am excited to give your Mac version a try when time permits.

What about minimum RAM?
  • Thank you all for the kind words and support! We’re really excited to finally bring FontCreator to macOS, and it’s great to hear that you are interested in giving it a try.

Kent Lew said:
    Congrats on this development! I’m particularly intrigued to explore VOLT on Mac. So thanks.
    If the font you’re opening contains Microsoft VOLT project data for OpenType layout features, it will convert this into the FontCreator project. You can also import Microsoft VOLT projects later through the OpenType Designer .

Congratulations!
    I am excited to give your Mac version a try when time permits.

What about minimum RAM?
    For typical use, the memory that your system already provides for Big Sur should be sufficient. However, if you work with multiple fonts simultaneously or fonts with very large character sets, more RAM may improve performance.

• On RAM: not a surprise, but nice nonetheless!

(Font editors do not tend to need a ton of memory compared to some other categories of apps. Recent advances in font tech such as variable fonts mean more RAM can be helpful, but font editor RAM needs have not advanced at the rate that RAM has.)