Account > Email > Needs Confirmation

When I try to edit my profile, I can see a warning next to an email field label saying: "Needs Confirmation". My profile is rather a new one (I set it up about two months ago), I haven't got any email message with a request to confirm my email address so far (I've checked a spam folder several times). I've also tried to change my email address (to the same one) to check if any confirmation email occurs in my inbox folder - with no result.

Also: can I change my username after creating an account (e.g. to a full name instead of a shortened version of it) if I change my mind in the future? Currently such an option is disabled in my profile.

Sorry to bother you if these two little things are just features, not bugs here :).

Comments

• Eris Alar
    Eris Alar Posts: 454
    It seems I can’t help, my moderator rights may not be high enough or I’m just clueless where to look. Hey @James Hultquist-Todd is this something you can help with?
  • Hi @piotr_s ! Your email was never confirmed. After you sign up, you get an email with a link you need to open. I guess you either never got the email or never opened the link. I went ahead and confirmed it manually so you should be good to edit your profile.
  • piotr_s
    piotr_s Posts: 5
    @Eris Alar, @James Hultquist-Todd I really appreciate your help - thank you!
    I've checked once again my inbox folder, but there is no confirmation email or any email with a phrase "typedrawers" or "type drawers" inside it nor any relevant with a word "confirm". So maybe it's a Google fault or the email got inside the spam folder and I didn't notice it. Anyway, my email address is confirmed now. I still can't edit my username in the Account & Privacy Settings section (a pencil icon is disabled and a popover saying "You don't have the permission to edit your username" occurs when clicking on the icon), but I don't want to take too much of your time - I can live without changing it :)
  • I've checked once again my inbox folder, but there is no confirmation email or any email with a phrase "typedrawers" or "type drawers" inside it nor any relevant with a word "confirm".

Your situation is nearly identical to mine when I signed up last year. Couldn't receive a confirmation email, got manually approved, and now I can't edit my username. Very strange.

• piotr_s
    piotr_s Posts: 5
    @Tofu Type Foundry I can see you joined at the end of October, in my case it was the 11th of November, 2023. I don't know, I'm not a big fan of conspiracy theories at all :), but maybe this specific timespan has something to do with the problem.
  • I've filed a bug with Vanilla Forums regarding the confirmation email issue. It seems to happen to every fourth or fifth applicant. I can't find any reason.