Type Network Update

MrEchs
MrEchs Posts: 35
edited June 18 in Type Business
Hello, I wanted to share a few updates from Type Network. 

So far this year Type Network has been joined by more than 20 new foundry partners. We focus on the best fonts from the world's top designers, and our roster continues to include many of the most talented and celebrated in the world.

These include TypeTogether, Paratype, Identity Letters, Leinster Type, Altertype, Character Type, exljbris, Signal Type Foundry, Swell Type, Hamilton Wood Type, Herzberg Design, Comicraft, and Nova Type. We've also added these TTF foundries: P22, Lanston Type Co, My Creative Land, Typesenses, Midwest Type, XO Type, and Josh Ownby.

About 20 more foundries have agreed to join TN and are currently moving through the onboarding process. 

For the first quarter of 2024 our foundries earned more in royalties than in any prior quarter in our history. That excludes Font Bureau fonts, which accounted for less than 5% of last quarter's royalties. That will go to zero next quarter as we end our relationship with Monotype.

Our other foundry partners earned just shy of $1 Million -- about 20% higher than our next-best quarter ever. 

Our partnership with Adobe Fonts contributed a bit less than half of that. The fastest-growing segment is enterprise sales, including $100,000+ in sales of fonts from foundries who joined TN in the current or prior quarter. 

That's welcome news, although this growth does not come without challenges of its own. We're getting stronger, but the work is not getting any easier. I'm very grateful for the patience of our current partners and the many who have contacted us looking to learn more about TN.

If you'd like to consider a partnership with Type Network, let's talk. We can start out by handling a single enterprise transaction for you, then take it from there. Type Network does not require any long-term commitment from foundry partners. 

Most of our team will be at Typographics in NYC next week. If you're interested in meeting up, drop me a line - matthew at typenetwork dot com. I'd love to meet up.

See you soon!

Edit: I corrected "paid out" as we are still in the process of paying out Q1 royalties. 

--Matthew
CEO, Type Network

Comments

• Typedesigner
    Typedesigner Posts: 47
    edited June 12
    This is highly revealing information! 
    What is the legal form of Type Network, e.g. INC, LTD, etc.? Where is Type Network registered? Normally, for companies in the UK, for example, it is possible to view this company information at Companies House.
  • MrEchs
    MrEchs Posts: 35
    It's kind of you to share that Matthijs, thank you.

Just to be clear, type design services provided by TN are delivered by our foundry partners, who we engage as subcontractors.

Sergej: Type Network is registered as an LLC in the state of Massachusetts.

--Matthew
  • Typedesigner
    Typedesigner Posts: 47
    Matthew: Thank you very much for this information!