Options

Fonts work in Fontlab8 Preview Window, but not in Indesign or Word

I have Guajrati fonts (Unicode), and exported both as TTF and OTF, but not all the features work on both platform. 

On Word, the font shows up, but can't type in that font, it would revert the font to deafult font.

Comments

• Options
    John HudsonJohn Hudson Posts: 2,983
    Check the character encodings and also the Unicode range bit settings in FontLab’s Font Info panel. MS Word uses a complicated font fallback algorithm that will sometimes ignore a font if it doesn’t see particular data that indicate it supports a particular script.

• Options
    rsdkrsdk Posts: 2
    edited April 11
    That worked. Now MS Word lets me choose that font and it types in it.

But a new problem- when I try to do the halant form, it changes it back to the original Font. See the attached link for video.

FYI: My font is called 'sarang_Krish' and after doing the halant form, it switches back the original font- 'Shruti' 

P.S. If I copy the halant form character from eleswhere and paste it in word, then it works.

Find the screenshot of Fontlab8 settings and a small screen recording of MS Word.

https://we.tl/t-FxoC48sFFP
  • Options
    John HudsonJohn Hudson Posts: 2,983
    Hmm. That’s an oddity I have not seen before. I would check the Unicode codepoint value for the halant glyph in the font as a first step, and make sure it is present and correct. But if pasting in the halant character does not trigger the font switch, that doesn’t seem like the problem. So it could be an issue with keyboard interaction.