Options

2024 Fundraising & Improvements.

It’s that time of the year again; the time of year when I promise TypeDrawers will improve and it doesn’t.

This year, we’re in luck! Fontspring/Creative Market paid the bills for us so anything we take in will go to improvements and moderator compensation. 

The plan is as follows: 
  • Give the site a more mobile-friendly design.
  • Add a section for members to contribute long form essays (a blog?) on various topics in which they are experts.
  • Related to the last point, make the site not just a place for conversation but a compendium of type design knowledge.
  • Some ideas which aren’t quite ready for public discussion yet.
  • I’d also love to pay the moderation staff for their time.

Here’s the donation link: Paypal.

Those of you who reached out last year about site development, I still have your names and, when I’m able to, I’ll reach out.

Comments

• Options
    Vasil StanevVasil Stanev Posts: 762
    Excellent news. Could you allow other options for payment, like a bank transfer? I have troubles with my paypal and my bank does not allow direct transfer to a paypal.
  • Options
    Thomas PhinneyThomas Phinney Posts: 2,754
    Donated last night!
  • Options
    Just $10 but hope it helps.
  • Options
    Mark SimonsonMark Simonson Posts: 1,654
    I pitched in, as usual. :smile: 
  • Options
    Thanks very much for the update Mr. Hultquist-Todd.
    I just donated with pleasure.

> a section for members to contribute long form essays (a blog?) on various topics
    I find this a very good idea and I would be willing to contribute. I would welcome a modus operandi in which the pending contributions to that section get curated before getting published.

• Options
    I'm in. :smile:
  • Options
    Thank you all! 

Andreas, I’m glad you like the idea.
  • Options
    Just donated! 

• Options
    Yves MichelYves Michel Posts: 155
    With pleasure.
  • Options
    Happy to support
  • Options
    Excellent news. Could you allow other options for payment, like a bank transfer? I have troubles with my paypal and my bank does not allow direct transfer to a paypal.
    Problem resolved. Happy to donate! Keep being awesome!
  • Options
    AbiRasheedAbiRasheed Posts: 238
    edited March 27
    Just wanted to say typedrawers officially works on ios 10.3.3. It used to work several yrs ago and after the web site updates and yada yada it stopped and I tried asking you guys to make it work but never happened. It does now. Even though I had a newer ipad since yrs ago I still preferred my old one thats got a broken screen running 10.3.3 because...memories. So ty.