2024 Fundraising & Improvements.

It’s that time of the year again; the time of year when I promise TypeDrawers will improve and it doesn’t.

This year, we’re in luck! Fontspring/Creative Market paid the bills for us so anything we take in will go to improvements and moderator compensation. 

The plan is as follows: 
  • Give the site a more mobile-friendly design.
  • Add a section for members to contribute long form essays (a blog?) on various topics in which they are experts.
  • Related to the last point, make the site not just a place for conversation but a compendium of type design knowledge.
  • Some ideas which aren’t quite ready for public discussion yet.
  • I’d also love to pay the moderation staff for their time.

Here’s the donation link: Paypal.

Those of you who reached out last year about site development, I still have your names and, when I’m able to, I’ll reach out.

Comments

• Vasil StanevVasil Stanev Posts: 750
    Excellent news. Could you allow other options for payment, like a bank transfer? I have troubles with my paypal and my bank does not allow direct transfer to a paypal.
  • Thomas PhinneyThomas Phinney Posts: 2,703
    Donated last night!
  • Just $10 but hope it helps.
  • Mark SimonsonMark Simonson Posts: 1,648
    I pitched in, as usual. :smile: 
  • Thanks very much for the update Mr. Hultquist-Todd.
    I just donated with pleasure.

> a section for members to contribute long form essays (a blog?) on various topics
    I find this a very good idea and I would be willing to contribute. I would welcome a modus operandi in which the pending contributions to that section get curated before getting published.

• I'm in. :smile:
  • Thank you all! 

Andreas, I’m glad you like the idea.
  • Just donated! 

• Yves MichelYves Michel Posts: 143
    With pleasure.
  • Happy to support
  • Excellent news. Could you allow other options for payment, like a bank transfer? I have troubles with my paypal and my bank does not allow direct transfer to a paypal.
    Problem resolved. Happy to donate! Keep being awesome!