Options

Hello from Nantes!

Hello everyone!

I’m a French and Chinese typeface designer specializing in Latin and Hanzi (Chinese) scripts.
After spending most of my life in Paris, I’m now based in Nantes, France (not the same as Nancy, but do come visit if you want! There’s great nature, great food, and great people here 🙂).
I’ve collaborated with many people for various projects, from helping on typeface production, typeface adaptation between Latin and Hanzi scripts, also consulting and giving feedback on ongoing Chinese projects. Chinese projects take an insane amount of time, so I don’t have much to show even after several years of work since graduation (TypeMedia 2018, TypeParis 2016, Type@Cooper 2015).
But here is my website if you want to have a look: https://www.lisahuang.work/
Instagram: @hellolisahuang

Feel free to reach out for eventual collaboration, or just to say hello!

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    Welcome, Lisa!
  • Options
    Nick ShinnNick Shinn Posts: 2,148
    Welcome!
  • Options
    Hi Lisa, 
    Great to have your knowledge of Chinese type in the forum.
    I like Nantes, a lovely and creative city.

• Options
    Ray LarabieRay Larabie Posts: 1,381
    Hi Lisa, welcome to TypeDrawers.
  • Options
    Bienvenue Lisa,
    Très peu de francophones sur TypeDrawers! Quel programme utilises-tu et sur quelle machine (Windows ou Mac)? Personnellement, c'est Fontlab 8 et Windows. Et que le script latin. Mais je ne suis qu'un amateur!
  • Options
    Hi Lisa, 
    Great to have your knowledge of Chinese type in the forum.
    I like Nantes, a lovely and creative city.

Hi Miles! Would be happy to help 😀
    Also, you're very welcome to visit again!
  • Options
    Bienvenue Lisa,
    Très peu de francophones sur TypeDrawers! Quel programme utilises-tu et sur quelle machine (Windows ou Mac)? Personnellement, c'est Fontlab 8 et Windows. Et que le script latin. Mais je ne suis qu'un amateur!

Merci beaucoup Yves !
    Effectivement c'est très largement anglophone... mais on fait avec 🙃
    J'ai eu la chance de tester plusieurs Apps (mais uniquement sur Mac), avec Robofont, Glyphs, FontLab. Aujourd'hui je dois dire que j'utilise bien plus souvent Glyphs.
    Je dois dire que toutes les Apps sont conçues pour fonctionner parfaitement pour le script Latin... pour le chinois, c'est encore pas mal de bricolage (même parfois "maison"). Mais ça évolue !
  • Options
    Also, thanks for the "welcome wishes" 😀
  • Options
    Welcome @Lisa Huang!

I enjoyed working with you in production on the variable version of Google’s Material Symbols icon fonts. It was a lovely experience, which is why I hired you more than once, and am happy to commend you as a collaborator.
  • Options
    Welcome @Lisa Huang!

I enjoyed working with you in production on the variable version of Google’s Material Symbols icon fonts. It was a lovely experience, which is why I hired you more than once, and am happy to commend you as a collaborator.

Thanks a lot Thomaaas! It's always wonderful to with you too! I hope this continues 😀