Monospace fonts are distinct from standard kerning fonts. I researched numerous mono fonts on the market while spacing monospace font. It raised some questions and doubts, and I'm experiencing some difficulties with monospace design spacing. The width of the matrices is the same for all glyphs, however the glyphs are not centred in the matrices. Some have irregular spacing on both ends (RSB and LSB).
The following are the questions:
- What is the standard accepted method or practise for adjusting the spacing or side bearings of monospace fonts?
- How do you determine equal spacing between all glyphs in a monospace font?
- How did the designers arrive at the precise quantity of RSB and LSB in monospace font?
- What are your biggest pain points and sensitive areas while spacing mono fonts?
- What guidelines do you follow while spacing mono fonts?
Your input would be incredibly valuable to me, and I would be most grateful for any guidance you might be able to provide. I cannot thank you enough for your time and consideration,
(+91) 8888 24 1144