Question on Slanted Variable Font

WAY KYIWAY KYI Posts: 128
edited November 2022 in Type Design Software
I created variable font master with Slant Axis in FL. 
Then play it in variable panel and doesn't seem like the glyphs are not changing at all in Preview.
But all glyphs shown Slanted in font windows. Did I do something wrong or forget to turn ON something?
Or am I missing some steps here?

Comments

• May I suggest to authorize "Preferences > Variations > Show #instance layer".
    This is not evident and it took me a certain time (and the help of Alex [I don't remember if it's Alex H. or Alex Petrov :) ]) who gave me the info.
  • I forgot to ask you how many masters use your Slant Axis. I suppose 2 on the minimum :)
  • WAY KYIWAY KYI Posts: 128
    edited November 2022
    I forgot to ask you how many masters use your Slant Axis. I suppose 2 on the minimum :)
    Thanks for your help. Yes, I do have 2 masters - Book and Slant, plus one #instant, please see image below. I have no idea Book Master uses the Slant Axis and to tell you the truth, I don't know how to use Slant Axis in Book master. I tried Width and Weight axles and both seem to work ok, but as soon as I add Slant, and run all three, only wdth and wght work. And I checked the settings there and it is already turn ON to show #Instant. So, do you have any idea where I went wrong??? Variation Panel show Slanted text when I first typed in, but went back to Book text as soon as I start playing Slant and still the same. Thanks
  • Hi Way Kyi,

I suggest you go to the FL8 forum:  FontLab 8 - FontLab Forum which is more specialized for this software.
    I prepared an answer for you there with the same title.

• WAY KYIWAY KYI Posts: 128
    edited November 2022
    Mr. Yves Michel, Thank you very much for your help. I am also a member in FL forum. Let me try it and will update you later. Thanks