Searching for a type tool
Bill Amatneek
Posts: 2
I used to have a 8.5 x 11” transparency that I printed from the web. One can buy it as well in clear plastic.
It had various typesetting "tools" on it. For instance it had a sets of short horizontal lines, each set of which depicted a leading size:
10 points [just improvising here]
–––––
–––––
–––––
20 points
–––––
–––––
–––––
You could overlay printed text with these various sizes until one matched, telling you the number of points of leading in that text.
It had other devices as well.
I cannot find the name of this overlay tool.
Any help would be most appreciated.
MTIA.
Best regards to all,
Bill Amatneek
0
Comments
-
Moritz, thank you very much. This is just what I was looking for:
0
Categories
- All Categories
- 47 Introductions
- 4K Typeface Design
- 496 Type Design Critiques
- 589 Type Design Software
- 1.1K Type Design Technique & Theory
- 674 Type Business
- 902 Font Technology
- 29 Punchcutting
- 543 Typography
- 128 Type Education
- 333 Type History
- 82 Type Resources
- 114 Lettering and Calligraphy
- 33 Lettering Critiques
- 81 Lettering Technique & Theory
- 577 Announcements
- 101 Events
- 116 Job Postings
- 174 Type Releases
- 185 Miscellaneous News
- 270 About TypeDrawers
- 54 TypeDrawers Announcements
- 114 Suggestions and Bug Reports
