/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts permissions

Has anyone else noticed that the latest round of Adobe Creative Suite 6 updates changes the permissions of /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts so that only system and wheel have write access? I’ve had to grant RW access to everyone to be able to export fonts directly to this directory. See the attached image for the permissions my system thinks that it should have.

Comments

• Hm… Nothing changed for me. Are you accessing this from within an admin user?
  • Mark SimonsonMark Simonson Posts: 1,654
    I'm seeing that, too. Looks like you can fix it by adding your user account to the list with r/w privileges.
  • James PuckettJames Puckett Posts: 1,970
    I was just using my regular user account. But an admin user wouldn’t see the permissions any differently, at least not unless something really crazy happened.
  • Mark SimonsonMark Simonson Posts: 1,654
    Isn't your regular user account an admin account? That's usually the case in my experience.
  • James PuckettJames Puckett Posts: 1,970
    Isn't your regular user account an admin account?
    I guess in Mac terms it is. I tend not to think of anything but root or wheel members as admin accounts.
  • Maybe you can try the ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts folder. Maybe it is recognized correctly, now.
  • I could never get the user’s ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts to work. Does it work for you? DId you have to do anything fancy to get CS to look into that folder as well?
  • I just thought that they might have fixed it in CC.