Haha made you look :P
Worked on diacritics over the last few days trying to get an even balance. I found positioning of the mark so it's close enough to appear as one with its letter, but separate enough not to get clogged at small sizes quite challenging.
Some of the better resources I used:
'How not to draw accents' by David Jonathon Ross https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N--5Wg-2p4
'On Diacritics' by David Březina https://ilovetypography.com/2009/01/24/on-diacritics/
Pangrams in various languages http://clagnut.com/blog/2380/
For the capitals I'm foregoing consistent vertical positioning, shifting the mark up or down on a letter by letter basis. I have to do some proper proofing to see if this actually works or not.
All comments welcome
The cedilla could use a little adjusting as well, perhaps so the the terminal and stem do not align vertically. Another solution could be to have terminal finish horizontally, like the /a or e/ does? /cedilla can follow which ever solution you choose.
/Macron and /Tilde sit a little low it appears on the Caps... maybe align more closely to the top of the dieresis accents?
I think the color of the diacritics is a bit uneven, e.g. the ring, dot, dieresis and hungarumlaut seem too light. (The dotaccent should usually be the same as the dot on the i, could you show a comparison, maybe together with descending and ascending letters?)
I like what happens with acute and grave, the vertical cuts. I would expect similar treatment in circumflex and caron.
Overall the accents should be more in style with the letters, for instance the ring could have the same construction as o. circumflex, caron, tilde and breve could be more geometric or mechanical.
For cedilla and ogonek, maybe consider a more simplified, geometric form.
@Joe Elwell Thanks for that well considered feedback
I've edited the tilde, ring and breve to suit the typeface better.
I've improved consistency in width for the breve, macron and tilde.
@Jens Kutilek Thanks Jens (big fan of Hertz).
I've fixed the dot accent positioning to match that of the i and used that as a base for vertically positioning the other marks. Unfortunately lost the acute and grave, thinking consistency with the umlaut more important.
@Vasil Stanev Thank you for that machine gun feedback
Lots of good points there. I've made the acute, grave and umlaut consistent and thank you for the advice on uppercase positioning, I will take that onboard.