What's your workstation setup like?

2»

Comments

• James PuckettJames Puckett Posts: 1,969
    Maybe with Jony Ive gone Apple will bring back the matte option.
  • Mark SimonsonMark Simonson Posts: 1,652
    They dropped the matte option a model or two before introducing Retina. I suspect the reason is that a lot of the advantages of the Retina display (sharpness, contrast) are hampered by a matte finish. You can see this when you use a matte screen protector on an iPad.

They seem to have figured out a way to get a non-glossy finish option for the new 6k display using some kind of laser etching technique. It's an expensive option to an already expensive display, but perhaps this technique will eventually make its way to other models. One can hope, anyway.

On the other hand, my 4k LG display seems to have both high res and a matte finish. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Chris LozosChris Lozos Posts: 1,458
    Way to go, James ;-)
  • If productivity is not a major concern, no workstation setup is complete without a bottle of 18-yr old Laphroaig.
  • Dusan JelesijevicDusan Jelesijevic Posts: 66
    edited March 2020
    1. Ergonomic (vertical) mouse – cheap, from AliE, saved my hand for next decades.

2. Ergonomic chair. 

3. Big, wide working table. I have a custom one, very simple. Important is to be wide (deep) enough so I can reach out both hands almost straight to the keyboard. And it's important if you have bigger monitors, to have decent distance between screen and your head.

4.  And always PC over Mac. Easier to find, solve and replace components and issues. Cheaper as well. Possibility to make my configuration, to fit my needs, part by part. I have both, iMac and PC and I almost not use iMac at all, cause I grow up using PC, it's been close to 30 years as being PC user. Resolution 1920x1080 as lowest.

5. And one more thing – pad for elbows and hands. To protect skin from table surface and pressure.