Comments

• Love Goskar script!
  • Mark SimonsonMark Simonson Posts: 1,652
    edited November 2019
    Interesting to see you're working on a font based on the titles in The Italian Job. I started to do the same thing about ten years ago. I didn't get much beyond the lowercase before setting it aside. I don't plan to finish it.
    It's a really unusual and interesting design, kind of like a cross between a brush script and Eurostile. I think it's meant to look like chrome nameplates on cars. Feel free to use the name I came up with if you want: Croker Script.
  • @Mark Simonson: Along the lines of their exploration of the superelliptical form of Butti and Novarese came Fluidum, which was more of a "formal” script. But nonetheless it was pushing the possible explorations.
    It’s definitely interesting to see where it brings, although Nick’s design seems to have a more casual approach.
  • Stephen ColesStephen Coles Posts: 994
    edited November 2019
    Good call, Mark: https://chromeography.com/tagged/upright_script And, yes, Nick’s is more curvaceous, less square and angular.

Congratulations on the launch @Nick Cooke!
  • Thanks for the comments everyone. I did start the design with the squarer model, but it kind of developed into the rounder forms as I progressed. I suppose I’ll make quite a few calts and ligs to maintain the flow and reduce the number of isolated letters in succession. The car nameplate thing hadn’t occurred to me Mark, but I think you’re probably right. 
  • John SavardJohn Savard Posts: 1,088
    I'll have to say I agree that his typeface is better than its model.