For this assignment, Aquent's client is looking for a highly motivated and creative engineer to work on Marketing Communications (Marcom) font projects. The individual will work with Marcom to develop fonts for use in advertising and product communications worldwide. As part of the Type team, the engineer will become intimately familiar with Font technologies used by the software team. Seeking an engineer with a strong foundation in the structure of international fonts. Experience with Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Arabic, or Indic fonts a big plus. The successful candidate will be self-directed with strong initiative and an ability to balance multiple projects under deadline. Seeking an individual with excellent communication and team skills. The individual must be extremely detail oriented with exceptional follow-through skills and an ability to focus on quality deliverables.
BS in Computer Science or equivalent required. The position does not require a “font designer” although the individual must be familiar with the principles of font design.
• Font Engineering experience on non-Latin and complex scripts:
- Experience merging fonts from multiple glyph sources
- Understanding of font tables and OpenType format specification
- Understanding OpenType features
• Fluent with font editing tools such as FontLab Studio 5, Glyphs, FontForge and or RoboFont
• Familiar with command line editing tools such as AFDKO, TTX Fonts Tools and/or FTX
• SWQA methodology for multi-platform web fonts and desktop fonts
• Experience with source management systems, preferably git
• Scripting expertise, preferably Python
Our client, a leader in consumer electronics, is one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! More like a cluster of start-ups versus a large company, they are single-handedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
Working alongside some of the brightest and most talented people, the work you do here will add up to something big that could not be done anywhere else. There is no doubt that your best work will be brought out achieving some hefty goals at a heroic pace.
One thing we know is that you WILL NOT ever be bored.
Here are some more things you can expect:
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)