Proofing Multiple Multiple Styles
Wei Huang
Posts: 102
Hi, I'm just wondering how everyone is proofing they're fonts when you have multiple styles, I'm looking for something that basically does what Autopsy does (at the minimum just put every master next to each other for each glyph), but I can't find an easy way to do that in Glyphs App...? And I can't get FontInspector to work anymore either.
Tagged:
0
Comments
-
Check out Glyphproofer from House Industries: https://github.com/houseind/robothon1
-
Do you mean multiple master styles?
One solution is to use a font manager like MainType. I defined a layout to make proofing multiple styles easier. Just type the text string that you want to compare across the four (or more) styles. I maximised the width of the preview column and increased the font size to 36 point.
0 -
One can add user-defined preview text strings.

0 -
Just to make sure you're aware, in the preview pane at the bottom of the Glyphs window, you can set the first dropdown to Show All Instances of the current glyph. And in the main edit menu you can use a mekkablue script to show all masters. In both cases this is just one glyph at a time so doesn't solve all your needs but just FYI.Wei Huang said:Hi, I'm just wondering how everyone is proofing they're fonts when you have multiple styles, I'm looking for something that basically does what Autopsy does (at the minimum just put every master next to each other for each glyph), but I can't find an easy way to do that in Glyphs App...? And I can't get FontInspector to work anymore either.0
Categories
- All Categories
- 47 Introductions
- 4K Typeface Design
- 497 Type Design Critiques
- 590 Type Design Software
- 1.1K Type Design Technique & Theory
- 674 Type Business
- 904 Font Technology
- 29 Punchcutting
- 543 Typography
- 128 Type Education
- 333 Type History
- 82 Type Resources
- 114 Lettering and Calligraphy
- 33 Lettering Critiques
- 81 Lettering Technique & Theory
- 577 Announcements
- 101 Events
- 116 Job Postings
- 174 Type Releases
- 185 Miscellaneous News
- 270 About TypeDrawers
- 54 TypeDrawers Announcements
- 114 Suggestions and Bug Reports


