I don't know about most of you, dear Mac users, but us Win-ners are used to navigate through or select whole words with the Ctrl key. In this forum Ctrl+arrow results in jumping to line beginning or line end, which doesn't seem very useful... or does it?
Firefox breaks some of these related to moving between and extending selections by lines. Chrome works fine.
- right/left arrow keys to move insertion point letter by letter;
- option+right/left arrow keys to move it word by word;
- control or command+right/left arrows keys to move it to beginning or end of line;
- up/down arrow to move it one line up or down;
- option+up/down arrow to move it to the beginning or end of paragraph;
- command+up/down arrow to move it to beginning or end of text;
- add shift key to any of the above to extend the selection at the same time
Other cases where I've noticed this doesn't work is in Adobe apps and Textmate, to my annoyance. With Adobe apps, I assume it's for cross-platform consistency (not helpful if you mainly use only one platform). I don't know what Textmate's excuse is.