I was wondering if there are any books on how to draw serif typefaces that are based on the translation method? If not, then just any books that have a large section on the sketching process of drawing a typeface?
I already have the following books on typography:
- In Progress, Jessica Hische
- The Golden Secrets of Lettering, Martina Flor
- Designing Type, Karen Cheng
- The Elements of Typographic Style, Robert Bringhurst
- How To Create Typefaces, Cristóbal Henestrosa et al.
- Typography Referenced, Allan Haley et al.
- The Calligrapher's Bible, David Harris
- Mastering Copperplate Calligraphy, Eleanor Winters
Typefaces the structure of which is based on the broad-nib pen, typefaces like Garamond and like your typeface Andron 2 ABC™.
I know that Charles Nix has created a course on Lynda.com on how to draw an italic typeface (Design an Italic Typeface). The link is below. I'm not sure if you can open it the way I have pasted the link.
https://www.lynda.com/Glyphs-App-tutorials/Design-Italic-Typeface/697717-2.html?srchtrk=index:3 linktypeid:2 q:charles+nix page:1 s:relevance sa:true producttypeid:2