Help make a font tool.

Hello beautiful typographers, 

I really like good typeface combinations. I mean... I like-like them. 

I want to see them everywhere I go on the internet. So I recently developed a simple website to help web-designers make type combinations. It's really basic. Currently...

I'm posting today to ask for help. I need to speak with more designers about their typographic thought-process. Specifically I'm asking these questions:
  • What's your process for making a typeface hierarchy/combination?
  • How do you test that your typeface will look great on desktop, mobile... oculus?
  • What’s the hardest part about making a typeface decision?
If you're jumping up in your seat with an answer or the excitement to help a young type-enthused developer. Awesome! Please share your perspective below. It's insanely helpful and could turn this side project into something real. 

Just so you know I'm not pulling your chain, [here's a link to the current prototype.](https://github.com/LucianNovo/luciannovo.github.io)

Cheers
-Lucian
lucian.novo@gmail.com

Comments

• Flash?
  • Flash?
    Thunder.

... more on topic: Using flash to get the system installed typefaces is nifty, but a) doesn't seem to work consistently (some get rendered, others remain default styled) and b) you will use a looot of potential users just for using that technology.

The interface needs to be a bit more communicative. Use pointer cursors, selected states, and the flow of what to do when to what result is not as clear as it could be.
  • Matt McDonaghMatt McDonagh Posts: 14
    edited December 2017
    Hi Luciannovo, it's a nice idea. I agree with the shudders above regarding Flash. That said, as a graphic designer, I'd want controls for weight, case and size. I don't choose typefaces based on lowercase samples but on hierarchies. For that I want to be able to compare contrasts in scale, weight, regular/italic and case as well as face.
  • jeremy tribbyjeremy tribby Posts: 212
    edited December 2017
    Doesn't matter if it's Flash or JavaScript, I don't want my system fonts being exposed to web apps (except for https://panopticlick.eff.org/ which serves the purpose of scaring people into agreeing with me ;))